« We want to build a sustainable company »
Axon’ has been committed to meeting environmental challenges for a number years by:
- Defining our Environmental and Energy Policy
- Identifying and knowing our environmental footprint
- Acting to limit our footprint
- Making our involvements known through our ISO14001 certificate and our energy management system based on the ISO 50001 standard.
Solon environmental objectives:
- Waste recycling > 50%: selective sorting, staff training, waste sorting leaflets, communication campaign about environmental-friendly behavior (EcoGestes).
- Management of resources (Electricity): Energy Consumption Continuous Improvement Plan : sensors, insulation and renovation of buildings, energy consumption remote management system.
Examples of eco-construction projects:
- In 1993, Axon’ renovated a former dairy farm and transformed it into a Research and Production centre (Axon’ Mécringes).
- In 1996, Axon’ set up a factory by renovating a cloister next to a 12th century abbey. This was the first production European centre of flat cables for major customers in the electronics and automotive industry.
- In 2011, Axon’ increased its production capabilities with a new 3000 m² eco-friendly building with green roofing.
- In 2011, Axon’ Cable SIA in Latvia launches a building insulation programme and energy monitoring. More information
- In 2013, the German subsidiary Axon’ Kabel GmbH moves into new eco-friendly premises. More information
- In 2015, Axon’ Kábelgyártó Kft builds a new 5500 m² factory. Axon’ has made energy efficiency a watchword in the construction of this prestigious new building.